cc: Trudy Moore
I am emailing regarding a closing tomorrow with your agent, Jim Flinn. The property 4301 E Muirwood Dr, Phoenix is on track to close tomorrow. Sellers signed on Monday. The buyer walked through, delivered funds and signed Monday. Lender has released wire for funds to arrive at title early tomorrow for an early recording.
The buyer, a police officer, works Thursday through Monday, with Tuesdays and Wednesdays off. He only has tomorrow afternoon to move.
I received a text from Jim Flinn this evening at 7:14 pm, asking if the buyer would be open to "lease the house back to the seller until next Friday at 40 dollars a day."
The buyer is not open to a post possession, especially at this stage of the game. He is packed and ready to move and has several of his fellow officers using their day off to help him move. He is furious that question has been asked.
I am concerned the listing agent has not advised the sellers that they need to be out.
I will appreciate any help you can give regarding advising the sellers of this property regarding the consequences of not being out upon closing and the transfer of ownership. Julie Morris.
“I have talked with Jim and this was a normal request from the seller due to their circumstances, however, they are planning on moving prior to recording.”
Michael P. Hofstetter
West USA Realty
SIFE: Stop it From Escalating...Ask, “How does that make you feel?” Let calmer heads prevail. It was a minor infraction and unintentional.
DDS: Drama Diffusal System: Let’s let calmer heads prevail, I don’t think she was acting in a malicious manner, let’s ask the seller/buyer, that was a normal request under the circumstances,
I may have overstepped. I called West USA to give them a heads up that the home still showed as Pending when we've been out of contract since Sat. They transferred me to a broker. I just have a hunch that the other Realtor hasn't told his client the contract was cancelled. I did mention possibly submitting an ethics complaint about honesty. He said he would rather talk to Homesmart broker directly. Since you had the initial information I gave him your name. I didn't mean to open the can of worms with them. My intention was just to tell them about the pending listing. If this is just a minor infraction, I don't need to file a complaint. Just need to make sure that this doesn't occur again for another Realtor.
“Hi Crystal- If you log onto the AAR website and go to "Resolve Disputes" / "Ethics" / "Information on Filing an Ethics Complaint"
It will help you determine the answer to your question. You will need to decide which code in the code of ethics the agent has violated and then be able to provide supporting evidence. It sounds like perhaps the agent was not "honest " in dealing with all parties in the transaction" perhaps??
After doing some research on AAR let us know if you need any further assistance.”
What are the proper steps to formally leave homesmart? I’ve moved on to a different career path and will not be renewing my real estate license in the coming year. I’d like to remove myself from Homesmart as an agent, make sure I dont’ get billed again, etc. Thanks so much, Homesmart has been a great company to work with!
Andy, you will "sever" yourself from HomeSmart on the ADRE online system, log in to your account at ADRE to complete the process. Just make sure your HomeSmart account is up to date and you are good to go. As a reminder, once you sever your license will be "inactive," you will not be able to earn any real estate commissions or compensation until you hang your license again with a broker. You will still need to renew your license with ADRE every two years and keep your continuing education update or your license will be terminated, if that happens and you want to be licensed again you will have to start all over with the pre-licensing coursework.
I am copying our Agent Services Dept on this email as they will want to complete an exit interview. Good Luck, JT